Parish Council Governance & Policies
Childs Ercall Parish Council Small Grants Policy
A grant is any payment made by the Parish Council to an organization for a specific purpose that will benefit the Parish, or residents of the Parish, and which is not directly controlled or administered by the Parish Council.
Policy (Extract from full policy)
The Parish Council awards grants at its absolute discretion, to not-for-profit, charitable or volunteer organizations or worthy causes which can demonstrate a clear need for financial support to achieve an objective which will benefit the Parish by:
- Providing a service
- Enhancing the quality of life
- Improving the environment
- Promoting the Parish of Childs Ercall in a positive way
The Parish Council will NOT award grants to:
- Private individuals
- Commercial organizations
- Purposes for which there is a statutory duty upon other local or central government departments to fund or provide unless such duty is devolved to the community or local level by agreement.
- “Upward funders”/”Uploaders” i.e. local groups where fundraising is sent to a central HQ for redistribution.
- Political Parties
- Religious organizations unless for a purpose which does not discriminate on grounds of belief.
- Any organization, which in the view of the Parish Council has racist, extremist or other policies, which the Parish Council deems unacceptable.
- Publicise or promote any organisations
This list is not exclusive and may be added to at the council’s discretion.
Except in exceptional circumstances (as agreed by the Parish Council) only one application for a grant will be considered from an organization in any one financial year. This will be at the discretion of the council.