About Childs Ercall
| || |
At the centre of the village is the village green and at the west end is the beautiful old sandstone church of St Michael and All Angels.
Records show that the village is mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086 and there are many old houses in the village, including Childs Ercall Hall.
Childs Ercall has a village hall, known as the Jubilee Hall as it was first built to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II. The hall is available for private hire and is well used by various groups and classes. Adjoining the hall is the large playing field with a football pitch and a separate well-maintained children's play area.
Childs Ercall also has its own licensed club, with adjacent Bowling Green. The club is part of the village's history and was originally established as a working men's club for farm workers. Nowadays it is open to all and provides a welcoming atmosphere with a bar and function room.
Neighbouring villages, including Hinstock, Cheswardine and Stoke on Tern, all are close by with services including primary schools.